Follow our Twitter account @OnSceneACT for breaking news alerts.

Two dogs rescued from house fire in Wanniassa overnight

Firefighters have rescued two dogs from a house fire in Wanniassa overnight.

At about 9pm, ACT Fire and Rescue responded to reports of a house fire on Greeves Street.

Upon arrival firefighters located a two-storey home well alight, firefighters worked quickly and gained fire control within 30 minutes.

A woman and child safely evacuated from the home and were assessed by ACT Ambulance Service paramedics for shock.

An ACT Emergency Service Agency spokesperson said that two dogs had also been rescued from the home following the fire. 

The home has sustained significant damage.

The cause of the fire is believed to be from a heating device.

As we move into the cooler months ACT Fire and Rescue would like to remind the community about the safe use of heating devices in the home.
Further information can be found here: https://esa.act.gov.au/be-emergency-ready/home-fire-safety


20230510 wanniassa house fire image 2

20230510 wanniassa house fire image 1

20230510 wanniassa house fire image 3

20230510 wanniassa house fire image 5

20230510 wanniassa house fire image 6

20230510 wanniassa house fire image 7

20230510 wanniassa house fire image 11

 

Search Articles

footer_image33.jpg