Two transported to hospital following electric scooter fire in Kaleen home
Two people have been transported to hospital following a fire in Kaleen overnight.
At about 11pm, ACT Fire and Rescue received numerous reports to a unit fire on Baldwin Drive.
Upon arrival firefighters located a second level unit alight and quickly contained the fire to the room of origin.
ACT Ambulance Service paramedics treated two people at the scene and transported them to hospital in a stable condition.
ACT Fire and Rescue commenced an investigation into the fire and found that an electric scooter caught fire while on charge spreading to nearby household items.
About two dozen residents were evacuated from the complex and the unit sustained significant smoke and fire damage.