Follow our Twitter account @OnSceneACT for breaking news alerts.

Two transported to hospital following house fire in Chifley overnight

Two people have been transported to hospital following a house fire in Chifley overnight.

At about 12.50am, ACT Emergency Services responded to reports of a house that was well alight on Eggleston Crescent.

Upon arrival they found one side of a two story duplex fully involved with fire coming from the front and back of the building.

Firefighters quickly got to work and were able to knock the fire down preventing its spread into the adjoining home.

One dog was rescued from the building and firefighters attempted to revive the animal, unfortunately despite their best efforts the animal died as a result of the fire.

An ACT Emergency Services spokesperson said, two people were assessed at the scene by ACT Ambulance Service paramedics and transported to hospital.

Following investigations the fire is believed to have started as a result of a heating device.

The ACT ESA recommended to never place anything on top of the heater, or within one meter. If the heater gets turned on, clothes or other items covering the heater could catch fire.

Always Stay One Metre from the Heater

 

For more tips visit https://esa.act.gov.au/be-emergency-ready/home-fire-safety

20240510 chifley house fire image 2a

20240510 chifley house fire image 3

20240510 chifley house fire image 4

20240510 chifley house fire image 6

20240510 chifley house fire image 7

20240510 chifley house fire image 8

20240510 chifley house fire image 9

20240510 chifley house fire image 10

20240510 chifley house fire image 11

Search Articles

footer_image14.jpg